Translate

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Ultimate Bob Dylan Interview Mashup

I must admit that I was not a Bob Dylan fan at all until I saw his 2004 60 Minutes interview with Ed Bradley (transcript).  Much of the issue was hearing about him from a certain segment of his fans, the ones who parroted whatever the music magazines said about him.

During the course of my current book project, I came across more interviews of Bob Dylan and it struck me that they were very much the same.  Reporters would ask him the same silly questions, and he would answer them in the same frank way, decade after decade.  I recon the oldest interviews in this video are from 1965, and the newest is the 2004 interview for 60 Minutes.


The late Ed Bradley seems to be the rare reporter who got it right about Bob Dylan, the man who just writes songs and sings them.  That's it.  That's what the man does.

Dylan's new interactive video of Like A Rolling Stone is quite good too.

As Mr. Dylan said near the end of his Don't Look Back documentary, "Give the Anarchist a cigarette."
Ⓐ Steve Ⓐ

No comments:

Post a Comment