Translate

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Blog 'Splaination and Dr. Walter Block Explains Austrian Economics

If you, my few elite, self-selected visitors are still wondering about the blog title, here is Dr. Block to explain the first half of it:
The second half is pretty simple, and maybe I should have used Anarchism, but Anarchy sounded better to me:
anarchism
Look at me, my personal Anarchism logo!
an·ar·chism
1: a political theory holding all forms of governmental authority to be unnecessary and undesirable and advocating a society based on voluntary cooperation and free association of individuals and groups
2: the advocacy or practice of anarchistic principles 
This is what it ain't (from 1828 Webster's):
anarchyAN'ARCHY, n. [Gr. rule.]
Want of government; a state of society, when there is no law or supreme power, or when the laws are not efficient, and individuals do what they please with impunity; political confusion.
 Ⓐ Steve 

No comments:

Post a Comment